The Landmark Motor Hotel: The Death of Janis Joplin
The room itself is a pretty standard 2 bedroom hotel. However it has more amenities than a typical non-luxury hotel. It has an eat in kitchen with stove and a refrigerator, vanity, and sizable closet space which acts as a makeshift shrine to Janis Joplin, filled with photos and messages to the rock n roll icon.
We had a medium “read” the room for any possible hauntings or presence of any kind.
Listen to the 3 part episode of Ghost Town with interviews with the hotel staff, a mediums finding on the room, and more: The Death of Janis Joplin: Part 1
The hotel also boats celebrity clientele. According to their website, “The family owned historic boutique Highland Gardens Hotel (formerly known as the Hollywood Landmark Hotel) was designed and built for Entertainers, visitors and Hollywood Celebrities. The Hotel opened its doors in the mid 1950's utilizing classic Post and Beam architecture. Within walking distance to many major attractions, The Highland Gardens quickly became home to many famous Hollywood stars.
Because of its location just off Hollywood Boulevard and its tranquil setting, the Highland Gardens hotel still attracts many famous and up and coming celebrities. Our Rock Star Guests have included members of: The Rat Pack, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Jefferson Airplane, Moody Blues, C Train, Pulse, Shep Gordon, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Butterfield Band, Ten Years After, Joe Cocker Group, Siegfried & Roy, plus many more.
With over 70 rooms including one, two and three bedroom suites, it is home away from home for many people. The Highland Gardens Hotel has been a location site for television shows, fashion photography and casting events and Art Fairs
Recent film shoots include hit shows as 90210, Unusual Suspects, films such as Greenberg with Ben Stiller, and photo shoots with such people as Jennifer Lawrence and Italian Vogue.”
If you would like to visit the Highland Gardens Hotel, you can find it at 7047 Franklin Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90028.
Watch the video below for a room tour, readings, and more!
- October 2019 2
- September 2019 3
- August 2019 3
- July 2019 5
- Jun 29, 2019 The North Hollywood Shootout
- Jun 26, 2019 The Northridge Earthquake: 25 Years Ago
- Jun 22, 2019 The Haunted Knickerbocker Hotel
- Jun 19, 2019 The Unsolved Villisca Axe Murders
- Jun 15, 2019 Murder on Greyhound Bus 1170
- Jun 12, 2019 Discover The Integratron Sound Bath
- Jun 4, 2019 5 Worst Amusement Park Ride Accidents
- May 22, 2019 Touring Eastern State Penitentiary
- April 2019 3
- March 2019 3
- Feb 19, 2019 Dismaland: Banksy's Bemusement Theme Park
- Jan 30, 2019 The Unsolved Wonderland Murders
- Jan 8, 2019 Action Park: The World's Most Dangerous New Jersey Amusement Park
- Jan 3, 2019 The Hawthorne Mall - How the Abandoned Plaza Looks in 2019
- Jan 3, 2019 Exploring The Berlin Wall East Side Gallery
- Dec 16, 2018 Haunted Stanley Hotel and The Shining
- Dec 12, 2018 Haunted History of Alcatraz
- Dec 6, 2018 The Landmark Motor Hotel: The Death of Janis Joplin
- Dec 5, 2018 Anton LaVey's Black House & The Church of Satan
- Dec 2, 2018 Haunted Hotel Hell
- Nov 8, 2018 Exploring the Bone Church in Kunta Hora Outside Prague
- Nov 3, 2018 5 Chilling Facts About the Cecil Hotel
- Oct 1, 2018 Famous Movie and TV Homes in Los Angeles
- September 2018 5