5 Worst Amusement Park Ride Accidents
I admit when it comes to amusement parks, and theme parks, I get nervous. From the long painful lines, crowds, cost, and all the other things that come with it, a day at an amusement or theme park is painful. This is without mentioning the crippling fear of actually going on the rides. I’ve braved my fair share of roller coasters, and things that just…drop you? However it’s hard to shake the tragic history of some of these theme parks. Amusement park accidents and amusement park deaths are a sad reality, and a part of amusement park and theme park history. Here are the 5 worst amusement park ride accidents.
Action Park is so infamous for being out of control and dangerous, they take up the number 1 and 2 spot. I managed to escape relatively unscathed, but everyone wasn’t so lucky. They didn’t call it “Traction Park” for nothing.
The Cannonball Loop & The Wave Pool (“Grave Pool”)
This is double trouble right here. The Cannonball loop was barely opened a month, and the Wave Pool really did a number on unsuspecting park goers.
Check out the full episode of Ghost Town on Action Park.
Coney Island Cyclone
Coney Island is a east coast treasure. The Warriors, from the film of the same name had to make it back to Coney Island for safety. I’ve been a few times over the years, and I recall heading to the Zeppoli stand over anything else. The Cyclone is the centerpiece of boardwalk. It’s also the source of quite a few deaths.
Six Flags Great Adventure Haunted Castle Fire
One of the most gruesome and notorious amusement park disasters is centered around Jackson Township’s Great Adventure. I went a few times as a kid, but don’t recall the Haunted Castle. Probably because I was way too terrified of everything. However the Haunted Castle was poorly set up, lack of safety features, and general neglect led to the tragic death of 8 teenagers. Check out the episode of Ghost Town on the Six Flags Great Adventure Haunted Castle Fire.
I’ve never been to Kings Island in Mason, Ohio. The amount of horror on one single day is insane. On June 9, 1991, a man fell into a pond. A friend and park employee attempted to rescue him. All three suffered an electric shock, but was fatal to the rescuers. An hour later a woman fell from a ride called the Flight Commander and died. Supposedly Kings Island is rumored to be haunted. I believe it.
- April 2021 1
- Mar 29, 2021 What Is It Like To Live In A Real Haunted House?
- Mar 24, 2021 The Cecil Hotel Elisa Lam Mystery
- Mar 16, 2021 The Old Los Angeles Zoo
- Mar 12, 2021 What Happened to DHL Founder Larry Hillblom?
- Mar 10, 2021 Emperor Norton: America’s San Francisco Emperor
- Mar 6, 2021 The Haunted Ebay Painting | The Hands Resist Him
- Mar 3, 2021 The Dating Game Killer (Rodney Alcala)
- Feb 26, 2021 Did Unsolved Mysteries Ever Solve a Mystery?
- Feb 26, 2021 The Mysterious Kryptos CIA Sculpture
- Feb 25, 2021 The 7 Wives of Jerry Lee Lewis
- Feb 24, 2021 The Jenny Jones Show Murder
- Feb 20, 2021 The True Story Behind Netflix Drama Lost Girls
- Feb 17, 2021 The I Feel Fantastic Video Mystery
- Feb 10, 2021 Dyatlov Pass Incident Mystery Solved?
- Feb 9, 2021 5 Chilling Facts About the Cecil Hotel (Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel)
- Feb 8, 2021 5 Most Scariest Haunted Places in California (Cecil Hotel & More)
- Feb 8, 2021 The World's First Text Message
- Feb 8, 2021 Curse of the Power Rangers
- Feb 5, 2021 Pepsi AM Breakfast Soda Disaster
- Feb 5, 2021 The 1984 Apple Macintosh Super Bowl Commercial Story
- Feb 4, 2021 Miss American Vampire Beauty Contest
- Feb 1, 2021 The Hawthorne Mall - How the Abandoned Plaza Looks in 2021
- January 2021 3
- Dec 15, 2020 Who Is Benjaman Kyle?
- October 2020 4
- Sep 10, 2020 Action Park: The World's Most Dangerous Amusement Park
- Sep 4, 2020 The Los Feliz Murder House in Los Angeles ☠️
- Sep 2, 2020 The Toxic Lady Death Mystery
- Aug 11, 2020 Atomic Bomb Tourism in 1950's Las Vegas
- July 2020 2
- Jun 17, 2020 Chronovisor Vatican Time Travel Viewer
- May 2020 2
- Apr 7, 2020 Why is Poveglia Plague Island Off Limits?
- March 2020 5
- February 2020 3
- Jan 29, 2020 The Philadelphia MOVE Bombing
- Dec 30, 2019 Y2K Panic: 20 Years Later
- Dec 25, 2019 Killer Santa: Covina Christmas Massacre
- Dec 15, 2019 The Enfield Poltergeist: London's Most Famous Haunting
- Dec 8, 2019 Dorm of Death's Richard Speck
- Dec 8, 2019 Star Wars Holiday Special Disaster
- Nov 20, 2019 The Crystal Skull
- October 2019 2
- September 2019 3
- August 2019 3
- July 2019 5
- Jun 29, 2019 The North Hollywood Shootout
- Jun 26, 2019 The Northridge Earthquake: 25 Years Ago
- Jun 22, 2019 The Haunted Knickerbocker Hotel
- Jun 19, 2019 The Unsolved Villisca Axe Murders
- Jun 15, 2019 Murder on Greyhound Bus 1170
- Jun 12, 2019 Discover The Integratron Sound Bath
- Jun 4, 2019 5 Worst Amusement Park Ride Accidents
- May 22, 2019 Touring Eastern State Penitentiary
- April 2019 3
- March 2019 2
- Feb 19, 2019 Dismaland: Banksy's Bemusement Theme Park
- January 2019 2
- Dec 16, 2018 Haunted Stanley Hotel and The Shining
- Dec 12, 2018 Haunted History of Alcatraz
- Dec 6, 2018 The Landmark Motor Hotel: The Death of Janis Joplin
- Dec 5, 2018 Anton LaVey's Black House & The Church of Satan
- Dec 2, 2018 Haunted Hotel Hell
- November 2018 1
- Oct 1, 2018 Famous Movie and TV Homes in Los Angeles
- September 2018 3