5 Worst Amusement Park Ride Accidents
I admit when it comes to amusement parks, and theme parks, I get nervous. From the long painful lines, crowds, cost, and all the other things that come with it, a day at an amusement or theme park is painful. This is without mentioning the crippling fear of actually going on the rides. I’ve braved my fair share of roller coasters, and things that just…drop you? However it’s hard to shake the tragic history of some of these theme parks. Amusement park accidents and amusement park deaths are a sad reality, and a part of amusement park and theme park history. Here are the 5 worst amusement park ride accidents.
Action Park is so infamous for being out of control and dangerous, they take up the number 1 and 2 spot. I managed to escape relatively unscathed, but everyone wasn’t so lucky. They didn’t call it “Traction Park” for nothing.
The Cannonball Loop & The Wave Pool (“Grave Pool”)
This is double trouble right here. The Cannonball loop was barely opened a month, and the Wave Pool really did a number on unsuspecting park goers.
Check out the full episode of Ghost Town on Action Park.
Coney Island Cyclone
Coney Island is a east coast treasure. The Warriors, from the film of the same name had to make it back to Coney Island for safety. I’ve been a few times over the years, and I recall heading to the Zeppoli stand over anything else. The Cyclone is the centerpiece of boardwalk. It’s also the source of quite a few deaths.
Six Flags Great Adventure Haunted Castle Fire
One of the most gruesome and notorious amusement park disasters is centered around Jackson Township’s Great Adventure. I went a few times as a kid, but don’t recall the Haunted Castle. Probably because I was way too terrified of everything. However the Haunted Castle was poorly set up, lack of safety features, and general neglect led to the tragic death of 8 teenagers. Check out the episode of Ghost Town on the Six Flags Great Adventure Haunted Castle Fire.
I’ve never been to Kings Island in Mason, Ohio. The amount of horror on one single day is insane. On June 9, 1991, a man fell into a pond. A friend and park employee attempted to rescue him. All three suffered an electric shock, but was fatal to the rescuers. An hour later a woman fell from a ride called the Flight Commander and died. Supposedly Kings Island is rumored to be haunted. I believe it.
- Jul 7, 2020 CNN Doomsday Video
- Jun 17, 2020 Chronovisor Vatican Time Travel Viewer
- May 2020 2
- Apr 7, 2020 Why is Poveglia Plague Island Off Limits?
- Mar 30, 2020 Brinks Truck Robbery of 1981
- Mar 26, 2020 ROAR: The Most Dangerous Movie Ever Made
- Mar 20, 2020 The Toxic Lady Death Mystery
- Mar 19, 2020 The Somerton Man Cold Case Mystery
- Mar 17, 2020 The Johnny Carson Toilet Paper Panic of 1973
- Mar 13, 2020 America's Most Surreal Abandoned Malls
- Mar 5, 2020 Revisiting the Battle of Los Angeles
- February 2020 3
- Jan 29, 2020 The Philadelphia MOVE Bombing
- Jan 3, 2020 The Hawthorne Mall - How the Abandoned Plaza Looks in 2020
- Dec 30, 2019 Y2K Panic: 20 Years Later
- Dec 25, 2019 Killer Santa: Covina Christmas Massacre
- Dec 15, 2019 The Enfield Poltergeist: London's Most Famous Haunting
- Dec 8, 2019 Dorm of Death's Richard Speck
- Dec 8, 2019 Star Wars Holiday Special Disaster
- Nov 20, 2019 The Crystal Skull
- October 2019 3
- September 2019 3
- August 2019 3
- July 2019 5
- Jun 29, 2019 The North Hollywood Shootout
- Jun 26, 2019 The Northridge Earthquake: 25 Years Ago
- Jun 22, 2019 The Haunted Knickerbocker Hotel
- Jun 19, 2019 The Unsolved Villisca Axe Murders
- Jun 15, 2019 Murder on Greyhound Bus 1170
- Jun 12, 2019 Discover The Integratron Sound Bath
- Jun 4, 2019 5 Worst Amusement Park Ride Accidents
- May 22, 2019 Touring Eastern State Penitentiary
- April 2019 3
- March 2019 3
- Feb 19, 2019 Dismaland: Banksy's Bemusement Theme Park
- Jan 30, 2019 The Unsolved Wonderland Murders
- Jan 8, 2019 Action Park: The World's Most Dangerous New Jersey Amusement Park
- Jan 3, 2019 Exploring The Berlin Wall East Side Gallery
- Dec 16, 2018 Haunted Stanley Hotel and The Shining
- Dec 12, 2018 Haunted History of Alcatraz
- Dec 6, 2018 The Landmark Motor Hotel: The Death of Janis Joplin
- Dec 5, 2018 Anton LaVey's Black House & The Church of Satan
- Dec 2, 2018 Haunted Hotel Hell
- Nov 8, 2018 Exploring the Bone Church in Kunta Hora Outside Prague
- Nov 3, 2018 5 Chilling Facts About the Cecil Hotel
- Oct 1, 2018 Famous Movie and TV Homes in Los Angeles
- September 2018 5