Exploring The Berlin Wall East Side Gallery
I have always been fascinated by the Berlin Wall, and the Cold War in general. It’s always been on my list of must see historical locations. I had been to Berlin briefly years ago, but during my recent trip to Berlin, the Berlin Wall and the East Side Gallery were high on my list.
The fall of the Berlin Wall occurred on November 9th, 1989, and the East Side Gallery was born shortly after in 1990. According to the association of artists involved with the gallery, “The East Side Gallery is understood as a monument to the fall of the Berlin Wall and the peaceful negotiation of borders and conventions between societies and people".
The East Side Gallery is 1.3 kilometers stretch of the former Berlin Wall along Mühlenstraße in former East Berlin. It is the largest open-air gallery in the world.
You might find yourself competing with others looking for the perfect photo op, but there are so many really great murals, there’s no shortage of art and history to take in.
If you are visiting Berlin, it won’t be hard to find the East Side Gallery. For more information check out: https://www.visitberlin.de/en/east-side-gallery
If He-Man & Skeletor can get along, the rest of us can.
- June 2019 3
- May 22, 2019 Touring Eastern State Penitentiary
- April 2019 3
- March 2019 3
- Feb 19, 2019 Dismaland: Banksy's Anti-Amusement Park
- Jan 30, 2019 The Unsolved Wonderland Murders
- Jan 8, 2019 Action Park: The World's Most Dangerous Amusement Park
- Jan 3, 2019 Exploring The Berlin Wall East Side Gallery
- Dec 16, 2018 Haunted Stanley Hotel and The Shining
- Dec 12, 2018 Haunted History of Alcatraz
- Dec 6, 2018 The Landmark Motor Hotel: The Death of Janis Joplin
- Dec 5, 2018 Anton Lavey's Black House & The Church of Satan
- Dec 2, 2018 Haunted Hotel Hell
- Nov 8, 2018 Exploring the Bone Church in Kunta Hora Outside Prague
- Nov 3, 2018 5 Chilling Facts About the Cecil Hotel
- Oct 1, 2018 Famous Movie and TV Homes in Los Angeles
- September 2018 6