Famous Movie and TV Homes in Los Angeles
One of many things when it comes to urban exploration that I am obsessed with is famous movie & TV homes. Fortunately, I live near quite a few of these famous homes in Los Angeles. When I see something that I have seen time and time again on the big and small screen in real life is pretty exciting. I really have just begun going to some of these famous movie and TV locations and homes, but listing some of my favorites remind me I have some stalking…I mean visiting to do.
Here are some of my favorite famous movie & TV homes in Los Angeles, then and now:
Nightmare on Elm Street House
When it comes to horror movie homes, Nancy’s house in Nightmare on Elm Street is a classic. The house in general is relatively small in person, and much less intimidating than it is in the movie. The film did a great job and making it seem larger than life. 1428 Elm Street in Ohio is in the Hollywood area of LA.
The Karate Kid Apartments
The movie that brought karate (and karate classes) into the mainstream was without a doubt the Karate Kid. Daniel’s apartment in Reseda represented the underdog, and living in the Valley perfectly. The front door & gate were locked so I couldn’t go inside to where his apartment was located, but I stood proudly outside the South Seas.
The Brady Bunch House
I almost embarrassed to say I have not been to the Brady home in North Hollywood. It’s on my list of course but I just haven’t been there yet. At one point, N’Sync’s Lance Bass was attempting to buy it, but was outbid.
Happy Days House
This should come as no surprise but the Cunningham’s Milwaukee home is actually in the Hollywood area. Another location that’s on my list. Maybe I will run into Fonzie, but he’s probably at Al’s (which is a set unfortunately).
It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Ok so it’s not technically a house, but Paddy’s Pub is where The Gang from It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia work, scheme, and get into general mayhem. I’ve been to the exterior of the bar, which is a few thousand miles west of Philadelphia in downtown LA a few times, but it’s always at night. Not bad for a nighttime drive-by photo!
Check out my Instagram for more locations: @thejasonhorton
- Nov 12, 2021 The Rise and Fall of the Futuro Home
- Sep 11, 2021 The Man Who Killed Halloween (Roland Clark O'Bryan
- Jul 14, 2021 Top 6 Defunct/Abandoned Amusement Parks in the USA
- May 20, 2021 The Delphi Murders Update
- April 2021 2
- Mar 29, 2021 What Is It Like To Live In A Real Haunted House?
- Mar 24, 2021 The Cecil Hotel Elisa Lam Mystery
- Mar 16, 2021 The Old Los Angeles Zoo
- Mar 12, 2021 What Happened to DHL Founder Larry Hillblom?
- Mar 10, 2021 Emperor Norton: America’s San Francisco Emperor
- Mar 6, 2021 The Haunted Ebay Painting | The Hands Resist Him
- Mar 3, 2021 The Dating Game Killer (Rodney Alcala)
- Feb 26, 2021 Did Unsolved Mysteries Ever Solve a Mystery?
- Feb 26, 2021 The Mysterious Kryptos CIA Sculpture
- Feb 25, 2021 The 7 Wives of Jerry Lee Lewis
- Feb 24, 2021 The Jenny Jones Show Murder
- Feb 20, 2021 The True Story Behind Netflix Drama Lost Girls
- Feb 17, 2021 The I Feel Fantastic Video Mystery
- Feb 10, 2021 Dyatlov Pass Incident Mystery Solved?
- Feb 9, 2021 5 Chilling Facts About the Cecil Hotel (Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel)
- Feb 8, 2021 5 Most Scariest Haunted Places in California (Cecil Hotel & More)
- Feb 8, 2021 The World's First Text Message
- Feb 8, 2021 Curse of the Power Rangers
- Feb 5, 2021 Pepsi AM Breakfast Soda Disaster
- Feb 5, 2021 The 1984 Apple Macintosh Super Bowl Commercial Story
- Feb 4, 2021 Miss American Vampire Beauty Contest
- Feb 1, 2021 The Hawthorne Mall - How the Abandoned Plaza Looks in 2021
- January 2021 3
- Dec 15, 2020 Who Is Benjaman Kyle?
- October 2020 4
- Sep 10, 2020 Action Park: The World's Most Dangerous Amusement Park
- Sep 4, 2020 The Los Feliz Murder House in Los Angeles ☠️
- Sep 2, 2020 The Toxic Lady Death Mystery
- Aug 11, 2020 Atomic Bomb Tourism in 1950's Las Vegas
- July 2020 2
- Jun 17, 2020 Chronovisor Vatican Time Travel Viewer
- May 2020 2
- Apr 7, 2020 Why is Poveglia Plague Island Off Limits?
- March 2020 5
- February 2020 3
- Jan 29, 2020 The Philadelphia MOVE Bombing
- Dec 30, 2019 Y2K Panic: 20 Years Later
- Dec 25, 2019 Killer Santa: Covina Christmas Massacre
- Dec 15, 2019 The Enfield Poltergeist: London's Most Famous Haunting
- Dec 8, 2019 Dorm of Death's Richard Speck
- Dec 8, 2019 Star Wars Holiday Special Disaster
- Nov 20, 2019 The Crystal Skull
- October 2019 2
- September 2019 3
- August 2019 3
- July 2019 5
- Jun 29, 2019 The North Hollywood Shootout
- Jun 26, 2019 The Northridge Earthquake: 25 Years Ago
- Jun 22, 2019 The Haunted Knickerbocker Hotel
- Jun 19, 2019 The Unsolved Villisca Axe Murders
- Jun 15, 2019 Murder on Greyhound Bus 1170
- Jun 12, 2019 Discover The Integratron Sound Bath
- Jun 4, 2019 5 Worst Amusement Park Ride Accidents
- May 22, 2019 Touring Eastern State Penitentiary
- April 2019 3
- March 2019 2
- Feb 19, 2019 Dismaland: Banksy's Bemusement Theme Park
- January 2019 2
- Dec 16, 2018 Haunted Stanley Hotel and The Shining
- Dec 12, 2018 Haunted History of Alcatraz
- Dec 6, 2018 The Landmark Motor Hotel: The Death of Janis Joplin
- Dec 5, 2018 Anton LaVey's Black House & The Church of Satan
- Dec 2, 2018 Haunted Hotel Hell
- November 2018 1
- Oct 1, 2018 Famous Movie and TV Homes in Los Angeles
- September 2018 3