Famous Movie and TV Homes in Los Angeles
One of many things when it comes to urban exploration that I am obsessed with is famous movie & TV homes. Fortunately, I live near quite a few of these famous homes in Los Angeles. When I see something that I have seen time and time again on the big and small screen in real life is pretty exciting. I really have just begun going to some of these famous movie and TV locations and homes, but listing some of my favorites remind me I have some stalking…I mean visiting to do.
Here are some of my favorite famous movie & TV homes in Los Angeles, then and now:
Nightmare on Elm Street House
When it comes to horror movie homes, Nancy’s house in Nightmare on Elm Street is a classic. The house in general is relatively small in person, and much less intimidating than it is in the movie. The film did a great job and making it seem larger than life. 1428 Elm Street in Ohio is in the Hollywood area of LA.
The Karate Kid Apartments
The movie that brought karate (and karate classes) into the mainstream was without a doubt the Karate Kid. Daniel’s apartment in Reseda represented the underdog, and living in the Valley perfectly. The front door & gate were locked so I couldn’t go inside to where his apartment was located, but I stood proudly outside the South Seas.
The Brady Bunch House
I almost embarrassed to say I have not been to the Brady home in North Hollywood. It’s on my list of course but I just haven’t been there yet. At one point, N’Sync’s Lance Bass was attempting to buy it, but was outbid.
Happy Days House
This should come as no surprise but the Cunningham’s Milwaukee home is actually in the Hollywood area. Another location that’s on my list. Maybe I will run into Fonzie, but he’s probably at Al’s (which is a set unfortunately).
It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Ok so it’s not technically a house, but Paddy’s Pub is where The Gang from It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia work, scheme, and get into general mayhem. I’ve been to the exterior of the bar, which is a few thousand miles west of Philadelphia in downtown LA a few times, but it’s always at night. Not bad for a nighttime drive-by photo!
Check out my Instagram for more locations: @thejasonhorton
- Jan 8, 2019 Action Park: The World's Most Dangerous Amusement Park
- Jan 4, 2019 5 Most Haunted Places in California
- Jan 3, 2019 Exploring The Berlin Wall East Side Gallery
- Dec 16, 2018 Haunted Stanley Hotel and The Shining
- Dec 12, 2018 Haunted History of Alcatraz
- Dec 6, 2018 The Landmark Motor Hotel: The Death of Janis Joplin
- Dec 5, 2018 Anton Lavey's Black House & The Church of Satan
- Dec 2, 2018 Haunted Hotel Hell
- Nov 8, 2018 Exploring the Bone Church in Kunta Hora Outside Prague
- Nov 3, 2018 5 Chilling Facts About the Cecil Hotel
- Oct 1, 2018 Famous Movie and TV Homes in Los Angeles
- September 2018 6