The Old Los Angeles Zoo
I made a trip to the Old Los Angeles Zoo, aka the Old LA Zoo, aka the Griffith Park Zoo a few years ago. However after the Ghost Town Podcast episode on the Old LA Zoo, I was compelled to give it another visit.
For a little history on the Zoo, you could of course, and should, check out the aforementioned podcast episode. Otherwise, our friend Wikipedia can pick up the slack:
"The Griffith Park Zoo was a city-owned zoo in Los Angeles, California that opened in 1912 and closed in 1966 with the opening of the Los Angeles Zoo. The abandoned site of the Griffith Park Zoo, complete with the ruins of animal enclosures, is now a picnic area and hiking trail in Griffith Park."
If you would like a video tour, look no further:
There are various walkways and pathways filled with graffiti, and what I imagine were the animal viewings took place. Picnic tables are set up in case you want to picnic alone (which is fine not that I would know...), or with friends and/family.
If you are a fan of movie/tv locations, Anchorman is one of the many movies that have been filmed here.
If you are visiting Los Angeles, you might find yourself at Griffith Park. If you find yourself at Griffith Park, make your way over to the Old LA Zoo!
- March 2019 3
- Feb 19, 2019 Dismaland: Banksy's Anti-Amusement Park
- Jan 30, 2019 The Unsolved Wonderland Murders
- Jan 8, 2019 Action Park: The World's Most Dangerous Amusement Park
- Jan 3, 2019 Exploring The Berlin Wall East Side Gallery
- Dec 16, 2018 Haunted Stanley Hotel and The Shining
- Dec 12, 2018 Haunted History of Alcatraz
- Dec 6, 2018 The Landmark Motor Hotel: The Death of Janis Joplin
- Dec 5, 2018 Anton Lavey's Black House & The Church of Satan
- Dec 2, 2018 Haunted Hotel Hell
- Nov 8, 2018 Exploring the Bone Church in Kunta Hora Outside Prague
- Nov 3, 2018 5 Chilling Facts About the Cecil Hotel
- Oct 1, 2018 Famous Movie and TV Homes in Los Angeles
- September 2018 6