The Neon Museum Las Vegas
Las Vegas has a past. It probably has the pasts of all pasts. While the rest of the tourists and bachelorette parties are in full swing, I suggest visiting the Neon Museum. It's a graveyard of Vegas signs gone by. So many Vegas hotels have come and gone, but this home to fallen Vegas is alive, and especially at night.
The museum was founded in 1996. The sign for the Sands couldn't find a home, so it was scrapped, and the Neon Museum was born. The front office was created out of what was once the La Concha Motel. So you get a retro feel even before you enter the actual museum.
The museum opened for business to the public in 2012. Previous to that it was appointment only. The "boneyard" (a good amount of the collection came from the Yesco Boneyard) contains over 150 signs. The Neon Museum also maintains several restores signs on the strip. I've only been there at night, and even though it can be 100 degrees at 10pm, it's worth it to see all the signs in it's neon glory. Not every sign is lit up, but there's enough to go around, and the guides really know their stuff.
For those interested in movie locations, the Neon Museum has hosted many, including Vegas Vacation.
Some say I haunt this place but I'm just waiting for an Uber.
- Dec 30, 2019 Y2K Panic: 20 Years Later
- Dec 25, 2019 Killer Santa: Covina Christmas Massacre
- Dec 15, 2019 The Enfield Poltergeist: London's Most Famous Haunting
- Dec 8, 2019 Dorm of Death's Richard Speck
- Dec 8, 2019 Star Wars Holiday Special Disaster
- Nov 20, 2019 The Crystal Skull
- October 2019 3
- September 2019 3
- August 2019 3
- July 2019 5
- Jun 29, 2019 The North Hollywood Shootout
- Jun 26, 2019 The Northridge Earthquake: 25 Years Ago
- Jun 22, 2019 The Haunted Knickerbocker Hotel
- Jun 19, 2019 The Unsolved Villisca Axe Murders
- Jun 15, 2019 Murder on Greyhound Bus 1170
- Jun 12, 2019 Discover The Integratron Sound Bath
- Jun 4, 2019 5 Worst Amusement Park Ride Accidents
- May 22, 2019 Touring Eastern State Penitentiary
- April 2019 3
- March 2019 3
- Feb 19, 2019 Dismaland: Banksy's Bemusement Theme Park
- Jan 30, 2019 The Unsolved Wonderland Murders
- Jan 8, 2019 Action Park: The World's Most Dangerous New Jersey Amusement Park
- Jan 3, 2019 The Hawthorne Mall - How the Abandoned Plaza Looks in 2019
- Jan 3, 2019 Exploring The Berlin Wall East Side Gallery
- Dec 16, 2018 Haunted Stanley Hotel and The Shining
- Dec 12, 2018 Haunted History of Alcatraz
- Dec 6, 2018 The Landmark Motor Hotel: The Death of Janis Joplin
- Dec 5, 2018 Anton LaVey's Black House & The Church of Satan
- Dec 2, 2018 Haunted Hotel Hell
- Nov 8, 2018 Exploring the Bone Church in Kunta Hora Outside Prague
- Nov 3, 2018 5 Chilling Facts About the Cecil Hotel
- Oct 1, 2018 Famous Movie and TV Homes in Los Angeles
- September 2018 5