True Crimes of Norwegian Black Metal
Norway is known for amazing architecture, culture, tourism…and Black Metal. Black Metal in a general sense is a music genre as a sub-category of metal. I have been familiar with Mayhem and the Black Metal scene pre-internet from just being involved with the punk/hardcore/metal scene, and of now course with and endless amount of information that the world wide web offers, it creates a more robust story. Black Metal overall been aligned with and associated with Satanism, and even Satanism has several schools of thought within that circle.
Norwegian Black Metal is arguably the most notorious. Murders, church burnings, and other crimes ran rampant from the mid/late 1980’s into the early 1990’s. The bands Mayhem and Burzum are two of the most iconic Black Metal bands, and they are notorious for having a volatile history. The semi-fictional Jonas Akerlund film Lords of Chaos illustrates what was happening at that time with the band Mayhem.
Check out this episode of Ghost Town about the True Crimes of Norwegian Black Metal.
- May 22, 2019 Touring Eastern State Penitentiary
- April 2019 3
- March 2019 3
- Feb 19, 2019 Dismaland: Banksy's Anti-Amusement Park
- Jan 30, 2019 The Unsolved Wonderland Murders
- Jan 8, 2019 Action Park: The World's Most Dangerous Amusement Park
- Jan 3, 2019 Exploring The Berlin Wall East Side Gallery
- Dec 16, 2018 Haunted Stanley Hotel and The Shining
- Dec 12, 2018 Haunted History of Alcatraz
- Dec 6, 2018 The Landmark Motor Hotel: The Death of Janis Joplin
- Dec 5, 2018 Anton Lavey's Black House & The Church of Satan
- Dec 2, 2018 Haunted Hotel Hell
- Nov 8, 2018 Exploring the Bone Church in Kunta Hora Outside Prague
- Nov 3, 2018 5 Chilling Facts About the Cecil Hotel
- Oct 1, 2018 Famous Movie and TV Homes in Los Angeles
- September 2018 6